9:08PM February 19, 2020

Keith Nichols

I'm curious about the math and will use my own zone for an example -- Crawford 58. The status of my zone indicates that we are 60% towards the "goal" and that we need another 132 subscribers. My math indicates that if the remaining 40% = 132, the self-imposed goal for my zone is 330 subscribers. My question here is what does the "goal" number represent? Is the 330 total subscribers needed the total number of residences in the zone? Or do you arbitrarily choose a percent to apply to the total number to determine the goal? I'm not sure 330 subscribers is reasonable but it's your algorithm.

User Avatar

1:08PM March 16, 2020

Matt Oetker
I thought I'd seen earlier this year where the grant was approved for Zone 58. Looking at the web page now it's for Zone 57. Did something change? Why would a zone with less people get the grant approved over a zone with more people?

User Avatar

8:43AM February 20, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Keith, You are correct-specifically, your zone's goal is 336 (our system is set to keep everything at whole numbers so that's why it's a bit off from the simple equation). That goal represents the number of people Elevate would need to take service in your area in order for the project to be financially viable. The goal itself is actually a percentage of all the premises DMEA serves with electricity within that entire zone. We evaluated the number of electric meters in each zone (removing places that would be ineligible, such as irrigation pumps and idle services) and then worked backwards using the total cost to build a fiber network in a specific zone and the number of customers need to support that network. Did I help? Or did that make it more unclear?