Comments

User Avatar

10:58AM April 12, 2019

Jodi Paradis
I am just NE of US 50 in Montrose 812 probably less than a mile or mile and half from Montrose 415 that has Elevate. Why were we not included in the city limits of Montrose? which I belive is Montrose 415. It's very dissapointing to have to have to wait so long for a great service that would be more reliable. With only 62% how long would you expect the wait to be? Thank you Jodi

3:08PM November 23, 2019

Thomas Heidger
I could throw a stone from my house and hit both zones 415 and 427 but with the percentage they need to complete 812 I'll be too old to use the internet. I'm not holding my breath for a chance it will be done in 5 years. There just aren't enough people that use the internet in this area to get 100%.

4:04PM April 15, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi, Jodi. Great question! There are a lot of Montrose zones that include both portions inside and outside the city limits. Our zones aren't dictated by city limits, subdivision lines, etc. We recognize that can be confusing. Each zone is actually determined by the main power line that brings power to that particular area. Our fiber will follow the same path as our power lines. Therefore you're in Montrose 812 because the main line bringing power into that part of Montrose is #812. Likewise, the homes in 415 are fed by the main line #415. It's a dreadfully uncreative naming process but it ultimately helped us keep each zone delineated. I also completely agree with that that the wait is disappointing and frustrating! Unfortunately, waiting is a reality of our project. In total, we're working to build more than 3,000 miles of fiber from the ground up so we can bring faster and more reliable internet. It's an expensive undertaking. I wish I had a crystal ball that could accurately predict when your zone would hit its goal and we could build there (if you find one, let me know!). Until then, all I can ask is that you keep spreading the word to neighbors to preregister on this site. Thank you!

11:27AM April 10, 2019

Lacinda Harris
I live just east of Delta, on the edge of City Limits, I think we are listed as zone remote? Fiber runs down the road in front of the house. Any idea when we might be getting elevate?

3:54PM April 15, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Lucinda, I looking deeper into your question to determine why you're not receiving a zone assignment. Are you a DMEA member or do you receive your electricity from the City of Delta? If you're a member, your address should be falling into a zone (however, there are a few cases where the map isn't syncing). If you are an electric customer for the City of Delta, you are in a remote zone because DMEA doesn't serve that area and at this point in time Elevate's zones only encompass the co-op's foot print.

6:11AM April 10, 2019

Robert Walraven
Yes I'm asking since fiber already exists East on Falcon Road... That should reduce costs and overall time needed to hook up residences in this area?

4:16PM March 30, 2019

Robert Walraven
Do you know the first Grant number that was turned down. I was researching this and couldn't find online any grants for Zone 148.. thanks again

10:51AM April 08, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Robert, Are you referring to the expense to build a fiber network in your entire zone? You are correct, DMEA has fiber connecting all of its substations. That was a step completed many years ago to improve our electric grid communications and overall reliability. So, big picture, yes not having to build fiber to all substations today is a savings for us. That is taken into account for any step Elevate takes.

10:51AM April 08, 2019

12:30PM April 04, 2019

Robert Walraven
Does it cut down on expenses because east on Falcon by my house already has fiber lines ran to a substation??

3:38PM April 01, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Robert, Olathe 148 is part of our upcoming cycle this spring. We are in the final stages of gathering the public comments (which I believe you already submitted one early on). I will check in with the grant team to see if there is a more specific timeline out there and get back with you.

3:15PM March 19, 2019

Jeff McCracken
I live near sweet corn park any word on when we will get internet?

2:27PM March 22, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Jeff, It looks like you are located in zone Olathe 148. It is currently 43% to goal and needs 339 more people to preregister. Unfortunately, that means I don't have a good time prediction for when Olathe 148 will have service. However, it is one of the zones we are resubmitting to a grant program this spring. I don't have information on the timing for this particular grant yet, but we'll keep everyone posted when we know more. Thanks for checking in.

3:06PM March 14, 2019

Robert Walraven
Any updates on the new Grant request for Olathe 148?? I. Know the first Grant was denied just hoping things go through this time. Thanks again

2:07PM March 18, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Robert, We're preparing to file the new grant any day now. Unfortunately, that means I don't have much of an update to give. We did get an overwhelming amount of support in the form of letters and comments from members like you. Thank you so much for that! The new submission will be filed within the month and then we wait. Thanks for checking in.

7:18PM March 11, 2019

David Seastead
Signed up last week and got the automated order confirmation email but no contact since. No phone number on the email and can’t find one on this site. What gives? SO #26045

10:05AM March 22, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi David, It sounds like your experience with has been subpar. I apologize. I have looked up your account and can confirm that yes, you are contracted. I've printed it out and will personally deliver it to our scheduling team. I will have them call you today and we will get you in the next available open spot. If issues persist, please reach out to me directly at (970) 240-1263 or becky.mashburn@dmea.com. My apologies for the delay and confusion. We pride ourselves on making sure you have the best experience, but we've dropped the ball and now, we will fix it.

9:33AM March 22, 2019

David Seastead
And? Called once last week and was put on hold until your hours ended and got disconnected. Called again just now and Rosemary couldn't find my contract, had something under a completely different name, said she'll look into it and call back. Also tried to log in to smarthub again and it said my password was wrong. Tried to recover the password and it just said invalid login. Tried to register and it just said invalid login again, which makes no freaking sense whatsoever. On the dashboard the progress box is simply blank. Coming up on three weeks now since I signed up...

2:04PM March 18, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi David, My apologies for the delay! I see that you are signed up and all set. I'm going to pass your note along to our scheduling team to make sure nothing slips through the cracks. In fact, they may have already beat me to it;) Thank you for reaching out - stay tuned!

1:55PM March 03, 2019

David Rosenberg
Zone 124. Your cable is on my street but stopped 1/4 mile from my house...Whats up...live on Hanson Road? Read other zone 124 comments and looks like we are sol. Thanks Dave.

11:30AM February 21, 2019

Donald and Laura Covault
We just had Elevate install internet, phone, and tv. I would like to thank your Fiber Installation Technician Ray Saenz for the amazing job he did. We are not tech smart and to make this change was somewhat overwhelming. Ray has not only an impeccable work ethic and knowledge but lots of patience in walking us through the steps of using the Firestick.

2:01PM March 18, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Thank you Donald and Laura for the kind words. We think Ray is pretty great too. I will be sure to pass along your thanks to him and the rest of the team. And, THANK YOU for choosing Elevate. I hope you're enjoying your new service.

11:29AM February 21, 2019

Donald and Laura Covault

11:11AM February 19, 2019

Virgil Barnhart
Hi, we are in Delta 412. We currently are on HughesNet and Dish. Our contract with Dish is fulfilled as of January, however HughesNet is not up until December. Any advice on how we can get Elevate before December without buying out of HughesNet? Thank you

2:45PM January 31, 2019

Linda Chadwick
Hi - Trying to find out what the status is in my zone: Delta 412 Subzone. It's a separate zone on your map; on my dashboard, I see that we're 120% subscribed for our goal, but it doesnt' appear on your zones page in either the "zones in service/under construction" or the "zones in preregistration" lists. Any info would be appreciated - we're REALLY anxious for you here!! :) ~ Linda

2:00PM March 18, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Linda and Tamera, Circling back to this conversation just to make sure you're not left in the dark! Delta 412 subzone is now live. You should have received a terms agreement via email. Once you're accepted that, we can get you installed in no time!

2:51PM February 13, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Linda! I am oh so happy to report the good news. Delta 412 subzone is at goal and construction of the main network is in full swing! We expect that we will be able to reach out to individuals like you in early March to finalize service agreements and begin scheduling installs! The construction took a little longer than expected because we (luckily) had some real winter weather this year. Please do spread the word and keep an eye on your inbox for information about signing your service agreement. We'll be in touch soon.

2:36PM February 13, 2019

Tamera Sandoval
Me too! Please update us on the status. I saw Elevate trucks down our road last week, but see no status updates - nor even where we are in the process other than we've met our goal by 129%.

2:36PM February 13, 2019

Tamera Sandoval

1:08PM January 13, 2019

James Foster
We live in Cedaredge 124. I've read all the previous questions/answers, so I understand your position. My question is this: We've been waiting to leave TDS for Elevate, but if it is going to be quite a few years, maybe we should go ahead with another service in the meantime? We didn't want to switch if Elevate would come within a year but it sounds like we should go ahead and find another provider.

2:53PM February 13, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi James, I think you're spot on with that idea. It can't guarantee a timeframe for Elevate and we'd rather you not just suffer if you can find an alternative. Please let me know if there is any other support I can offer (until we actually hook you up). Thanks for understanding!

5:52AM January 03, 2019

Brandon Pratt
So I've been registered since the beginning, E 814?, and I'm sitting here waiting for spectrum to load anything. But since you all don't really seem to be worried about generating new registrations how do take my name off the list? Also I'm curious how much of my electric bill goes to pay salaries for a service that will probably be out dated by the time it shows up

11:56AM January 03, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Brandon, So glad to hear you supported Elevate right off the bat. We are very focused on building our network and gaining new customers (believe me, it’s one of the reasons I toss and turn at night!). Montrose 814 is now more than halfway to its preregistration goal and we’re still working to keep zones moving forward. To address your last question, while linked, Elevate and DMEA are separate companies with separate books and your electric bill is tied to DMEA services. I hope you will continue to support our project, we are doing this for the exact reason you state in your first sentence: members, like you, are experiencing subpar internet service and it’s holding our area back. But, there are frustrating realities to building a new fiber network. It will take multiple years to build out the plant and as we do so, we must ensure we are building a customer base that will continue to propel us forward. It’s not a commitment we take lightly. All that being said, I can delete your preregistration if you would like me to. You can let me know by commenting here or drop an email to customerservice@elevatefiber.com. Wishing you all the best in the New Year!

7:56AM December 16, 2018

Stacey White
Becky, any news on Olathe 148 and Pea Green 128? Did the Grant's get approved?

10:57AM January 03, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Stacey, So sorry for the delay. I DO have news. Our first application was rejected but we aren't giving up. In fact, we are now improving our application to resubmit in the spring. We are looking for help from members like you. Turns out public comment is highly valued by the grant review committee, so we are asking members within the zones to submit a public comment in support of our application. Would you be willing to help? You can submit your comment to us online here - https://www.elevateinternet.com/publiccomment. Thanks!

10:56PM December 02, 2018

Kevin Lorenz
Becky, How do the grants work? Do you still need full enrollment if the grant is approved? What portion of 414 was submitted for a grant? Thanks

9:45AM December 12, 2018

Becky Mashburn
Hi Kevin, First off, let me apologize for my delay in responding! If we are awarded a grant to build our network in a full zone, no, the preregistration goal for that zone does not need to be met. In the case of Delta 414, we submitted approximately the southern half of the zone for consideration. Unfortunately, we received notice at the end of November that the grant was not awarded. However, we are not giving up and we are working to resubmit a stronger application here shortly. Thank you for your patience and support.

10:38AM November 02, 2018

jerry krager
Becky, I will say this again. Those in area 124 that actually LIVE in 124 full time have probably already preregistered. The other 52% don't live here. They are from out of state. Sometimes they show up for a month or two during the summer. Many have not been here for years. They merely pay their electric so the pipes wont freeze. I am now confident that Elevate will never service 124, even though at one of your early meetings 3-4 years ago we were told that EVERYONE receiving power from DMEA would eventually get Elevate but that seems to not be 100% true anymore. Now there is a strong probability that the few little companies will go out of business because of the saturated Elevate customers all around 124. The size you have made 124 is incredibly large and unfair.

9:54AM December 12, 2018

Becky Mashburn
Hi Jerry, We feel your pain, and I wish I could deliver the news you want. Cedaredge 124 is a large rural zone, as are many other areas we are working to bring service. The wait is frustrating. Our board and the staff recognize the need of members like you, but we also must consider our fiduciary responsibility. Building fiber is expensive—very expensive, and we have put in place a system that allows us to build a new fiber network from the ground up in a manner that protects the co-op and sets a foundation to continue moving the build forward. We are considering subzones and are successfully moving forward with a few in early 2019! And while Cedaredge 124 is not one of these current subzones, please know that we haven’t forgotten about any of our zones from yours to Cimarron to Somerset. In the meantime, all I can do is ask for your continued support and passion and thank you for your patience. I know it may not sound like much, but we do truly appreciate the passion our members have put into this project and we wouldn’t be where we are today without it!

12:15PM November 02, 2018

Nathan Durham
Jerry I fill your pain. I think North Delta Zone is to large ain't no way to get 650 people to sighn up for this and your right it is unfair

6:44AM October 24, 2018

Michael Warner
I do not know your cable plant distribution but it appears that Cedaredge 124 has two geographically separate cable/pole line infrastructure areas. There is the Surface Creek Valley area and there is the Cedar Mesa area. Therefore, it appears there are two separate cable distributions for these two areas so why are they lumped together in a single large area? Cedaredge 124 requires 8.67 households to preregister to move the goal one percentage point. Then there are some zones, which only require one person to move the goal one percentage point. Of the Elevate Fiber network Cedaredge 124, by far, requires the largest number of preregistrations necessary to reach the Elevate Fiber goal of 100% before construction starts. You might consider splitting this one large zone into two smaller zones ….. 124A and 124B. I know ….. the numbers do not lie but one of these two geographic areas might realize a more realistic start date.

4:42PM October 23, 2018

Judy Langston
What does it take to get a zone into the loop for grant funding?

5:16PM October 21, 2018

Marcus Dean
It appears to me that Cedaredge 124 will never reach the pre-registration goal needed to start construction. If that proves to be the case, will Elevate fiber be made available to those of us who have already pre-registered? If so, when will that happen? Thank you.

11:17AM October 23, 2018

Carroll Allison
What can we do to get Cedaredge 124 into the grant cycle? It is frustrating to live, literally, next door to folks who already have the service and see responses like this. Maybe DMEA should take another look at pre-registrations in boundary areas and determine whether the income received from these new accounts would merit redefining the zone borders.

1:40PM October 22, 2018

Becky Mashburn
Hi Marcus-We’re working hard to make sure that’s not the case! But, you’re right, Cedaredge 124 has a long road ahead of it before it meets the signup goal. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes work we do to assess zones like yours to be considered for federal or state grant funding. Right now, Cedaredge 124 is not in the grant cycle, but we will continue to pursue any opportunity that fits. In the meantime, we are still pushing people to preregister in your zone and get the word out. I hope you’ll stick with us! If, over the 6-years we expect it to take to build out DMEA’s service territory, your zone doesn’t reach the signup goal, we may not be able to build out our fiber network there.

4:38PM October 12, 2018

Thomas Heidger
I'm one of the unfortunate few that is surrounded by already active areas 415 and 427 (which is right across the street), but section 812 is stagnant at 52%. Is there anything we can do to get more interest in this lower populated area? Prices are rising every year for high bandwidth service and I'm wondering if we'll ever get improvement.

1:29PM October 22, 2018

Becky Mashburn
Hi Thomas—We feel your pain and understand the frustration! We are working diligently to help zones get to goal and bring fiber to members like you. On that same not, help from people like you has been instrumental in doing that. We have yard signs, t-shirts, info cards, and more all available at our office for members to pick up and hand out to friends and neighbors. Would you be willing to help us spread the word? Just give our office a call at 877-687-3632 or swing by the office M-F, 8AM – 5PM.

6:56PM September 25, 2018

Brittney Crone
Pea Green needs about 482 more people!!! I really hope we get SOMETHING SOON!!! Im tired of not even getting a full 10 mbps with this broadband stuff we have to deal with. Sure would help those of us who are outside of town and who rely on reliable internet (for work, school, etc).

11:15AM October 08, 2018

Becky Mashburn
Hi Brittany! Pea Green 128 is one of the zones currently in the grant cycle. We have not received any additional news on the status of this grant request yet. But, we will keep you posted when we hear more!

10:08AM September 20, 2018

Robert Walraven
Glad to read 148 is in the next Grant request!! Thanks guys for including us !! Can't wait to get the service!! What's the time line look like on this grant??

6:38PM September 18, 2018

Nathan Durham
Been awsome if Delta North 175 was on the grant funding too

11:51AM September 18, 2018

Becky Mashburn Campaign Owner
Hi Robert, I do have good news! Olathe 148, along with Pea Green 128 and a portion of Delta S 414 have been submitted for grant funding. We’ll keep you posted if and when progress is made. But for now, we wait. Thanks for your support and passion. We appreciate it!