Comments

User Avatar

10:50AM March 29, 2021

Chris Peterson
Filled out the grant form for Montrose S515 several weeks ago. Any update on Elevate coming to our neighborhood. I see the fiber already run along the east side of hwy to colona.

4:06PM May 04, 2021

Chris Peterson
Becky I dont understand the hold up. The fiber line from elevate has been spooled on the powerpole on my back fence on hwy 550 for months. I can see the line spooled on this pole that could be easily run to hookup our subdivision. The line runs from Firestation 2 to colona and yet is not serving any customers in Rivers Edge.

10:08AM April 26, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Hi, Chris. My apologies for the delayed response. We were waiting for news on the grant application that included your home in Montrose S 515. Unfortunately, the State recently notified us that our grant did not make it past the first round, and it will not be funded this cycle. We’re adjusting our application based on their feedback and plan to reapply this summer. Thanks for the public comment of support. I hope you’ll submit another one for us on our second attempt!

7:38PM March 14, 2021

Amos Jaramillo
Hello, I now have a box in my driveway from Elevate not sure if there is fiber cable in it but I live in the Deer Trail Sub Division in the Bear Creek zone. When will I be able to switch over?

1:53PM March 15, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Hi Amos! As you noticed, our crews are currently building the network in Bear Creek. We expect to be done with construction by the end of April, meaning we'll be reaching out in early May to let you know service is available. Thanks for the support and be sure to tell your neighbors - we're on our way!

5:23PM February 26, 2021

clyde youngman
We are in the 6450 subzone saw the wire being hung and some other work being done. When can we expect service? Thanks

1:46PM March 15, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Hi Clyde. Good news! 6450 Rd Subzone went live today. If you place your order and sign your contract today you can be installed in 2 weeks time.

1:21PM February 26, 2021

Alex Labak
Please update for Zone 124 Cedar Mesa. Before the grant approval it seemed we would never be eligible because the zone included many seasonal cabins on Grand Mesa. Is the target date still summer of 2021?

2:23PM February 26, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Happy Friday, Alex! Our target date has been pushed back a little for Cedar Mesa. You should see construction crews in the area building the network in summer with service coming to your home in the fall. We are working on getting Cedar Mesa added to the map this week so you'll soon be able to see the grant zone footprint. We will be working in 3 grant zones over the summer!

1:06PM February 22, 2021

Joan Hollins
I’m seeing your trucks up here all over Redlands Mesa. Does that mean we are close to getting service up here?

7:44AM March 31, 2021

Joan Hollins
Thanks Becky, is there any idea of when we will be connected?

4:52PM February 22, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Hi Joan. The construction you're seeing is part of a regional reliability project. It is a main backbone line that can't be used to provide service directly to homes and businesses quite yet. So, unfortunately, while it is a really important project, it doesn't help you out quite yet.

10:15AM February 02, 2021

Joe Wittenberg
I see that North Mesa received a grant and is awaiting construction. Is there a timeline on when construction will begin and how long it will take? Thanks

1:46PM February 22, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Hi, Joe. We will be building our new fiber lines in North Mesa in early summer and our goal is to start connecting customers in July or August. The recent weather has delayed our progress but, fingers crossed, it’s smooth sailing from here on out. Once construction is complete, you will receive an email (to the email address you registered with on this site) with more information about completing your order and accepting a service agreement.

7:35PM January 30, 2021

Colleen Eyre
I have been pre-registered since 2017, 4 years. Section 124 still has only 61%. It amazes me that my zone, with in city limits, can't even be started. Maybe its because most of the residents have decided Elevate is to difficult to get and have gone other directions. Sounds like a good idea,hmmm. Colleen Eyre

7:35PM January 30, 2021

Colleen Eyre

7:35PM January 30, 2021

Colleen Eyre

9:16AM February 01, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Good Morning, Colleen. First up - the good news! We were awarded a grant for area called Cedar Mesa that will allow us to build a significant portion of Cedaredge 124. I will have our grant team check your address (the one you have registered on this site) to see if you are located within the grant zone and get in touch with you. In regards to your observation about your zone not progressing, you’re correct. We haven’t seen enough public interest to build our network in Cedaredge 124. Building a fiber network from the ground up is a multi-million-dollar effort. One of the main ways we ensure we build our network in a financially responsible manner is by using this preregistration method to gauge interest. This interest indicates how many people will potentially purchase Elevate. It’s not perfect, but it has been an important benchmark in making sure we don’t overextend ourselves and risk not being able to serve any of our communities long term.

8:13AM January 20, 2021

tera woodhull
When will this become active and running. Installation happened for fiber optic. Hope to get update soon

9:37AM January 20, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Good Morning Tera. I found two preregistrations under your name: 1 in the North Townsend Subzone and 1 in Montrose NE 812. I'm not sure which of these you are asking about, so I'll update you on both zones. North Townsend Subzone is under construction right now and we should be able to start serving customers within the next 2 months. Montrose NE 812 is currently sitting at 33% to goal and we need 361 to preregister. Of the two, Montrose NE 812 poses the biggest challenge. We haven't seen the significant interest from DMEA members in this zone, and unfortunately, building a fiber network is extraordinarily expensive. The preregistration model helps us determine if there is enough potential customers in an area to financially support building the network. If we are able to secure grant funds for Montrose NE 812, we could build out sooner, but those funds are hard-won and we can't assume we will be a recipient. Thanks for checking in!

8:13AM January 20, 2021

tera woodhull

8:07AM January 20, 2021

tera woodhull
Im really disappointed that you literally were 1.5 miles from my house and im in a zone that needs 361 more people to register. We honesty don't have that many people that live here and maximum miles from the end of zone to Last house is 6 miles! Super bummed.

8:07AM January 20, 2021

tera woodhull

8:07AM January 20, 2021

tera woodhull

8:07AM January 20, 2021

tera woodhull

9:46AM January 20, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Hi Tera, I think I answered your question about your zone above. And you're right, it's a huge bummer. I wish I had better news about Montrose NE 812. I will keep you posted if there is any grant action in that area.

2:54PM January 11, 2021

Jodi Paradis
When will we be able to get hooked up in East Main Subzone. You have laid all the line but I haven't heard when we can hook up?

1:44PM January 15, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Good Afternoon Jodi! Good news, we are almost finished with our construction in East Main. Our target get for reaching out to you with a service agreement is the week of February 8, 2021. Keep an eye on the email you preregistered with. You should receive an email with a link to review and sign your service agreement and officially place your order for Elevate. Thanks!

1:51PM January 11, 2021

Amos Jaramillo
Hello I was wondering if there is a construction date you have scheduled in the Bear Creek Zone?

2:15PM January 15, 2021

Becky Mashburn
Hi Amos. Our construction crews are headed to Bear Creek soon. We expect to kick off construction in early February!

7:41PM December 13, 2020

Sherman Mathieu
Would appreciate updated information on progress in Montrose W 731. If grant denials for our area are a problem then let us know who we can contact about increasing the bandwidth requirement for a "served" area. We are currently using Elite Broadband (Archnitec) wireless and I am paying for 10Mbs service. I usually only get around 4Mbs - 6Mbs (download). With the significant increase in bandwidth usage brought on by the pandemic (school closures, people working from home, and the current Christmas online shopping season), we experience frequent disconnects, pauses, and infuriatingly slow data transfer speeds. We NEED reliable internet service in our area as much, if not more, than people living inside of city limits and more densely populated neighborhoods. Just because we cannot provide the same potential for profit doesn't lessen our need for service. Please let us know who we can contact in our legislature to keep our needs in their sights. We could also use links to contacts where we can state our needs in relation to grant approval. Thanks.

12:22PM December 22, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi, Sherman. I reached out to you directly via email but didn’t want your comment to go unnoticed. I’ve been having some technical troubles here on the message board, hence my delayed reply. Part of Montrose 731 is included in one of our newly approved grant zones. I checked your address that you registered on this site, and GOOD NEWS, it is included in the grant area! We have a very full construction timeline right now, and the ETA for building your grant zone is Fall 2021. Thanks!

12:05PM December 12, 2020

Eugene Silkowski
Becky, Still unable to activate subtitles. To recap: I have an Elevate set box, and, following your latest message, was able to get to the subtitle screen. It showed "OFF", and no amount of button-pushing experimentation would get it to toggle to "ON". More time wasted. This should not have been a case for heartburn, but it has been. Your instruction manuals were never supplied at installation, but even if they had been, it would have been no use, as there is not a word about how to activate/deactivate this function. Either give me COMPLETE instructions, or have a tech come to my home and get it working.

8:52AM December 14, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Good Morning Eugene. Sorry to hear this feature is giving you trouble. I've sent your information and notes along to our network support team and they will be in touch shortly. By all accounts your steps should have worked, so I'm as stumped as you. Stay tuned!

9:13AM December 10, 2020

Eugene Silkowski
I just had Elevate TV installed last Monday. I have come to find out that I can not get subtitles for the programs from the supplied remote. My spouse is hearing impaired, and relies on subtitles to follow any TV program. Is there any fix for this, or am I stuck with it? Tech support was unable to supply an answer.

11:20AM December 10, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi, Eugene, another update. Since subtitles is a feature of our TV service and not the equipment, I got word just now that you get to Closed Captioning the same way using the set top box and remote: press the center (OK) button and then go down to Audio/Subtitles. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

9:54AM December 10, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Eugene. I'm not certain what platform you're using to watch our TV service, but here's a start. If you're using a streaming device like a Fire Stick or Apple TV you can access Closed Captioning via the following steps (this is also available on our website in the TV User Guide on page 15 here https://www.elevateinternet.com/sites/elevate/files/documents/ElevateTV_UserGuide_FINAL_3.pdf). Amazon TV (stick): Click the Select button while watching live TV. This brings up the media player controls on an overlay screen at the bottom. Navigate to the Audio/Subtitle on the Main Menu and press the Select button to toggle it on or off. Apple TV: Swipe down in the touch surface area of the remote while watching live TV. This brings up the media player controls on an overlay at the top of the screen. Navigate to the CC option in the overlay screen. Click it to toggle it on or off. If you're using our set top box, please let me know, and I will track that information down for you. Thank you.

10:37AM December 09, 2020

Leslie Garlinghouse
my name is leslie and i'm not happy with the zoning for olathe 148 you have been adding to it instead of adding a new zone, why has this been done?? and is there any news on when 148 well see any work on it???

11:05AM December 09, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Leslie. It sounds like there has been a miscommunication. We haven't added any new areas to Olathe 148. On the contrary, we've been able to make your zone smaller thanks to a recent grant award. A portion of Olathe 148 was included in our North Mesa grant application, which recently received the official stamp of approval from the State. Due to our current full construction schedule, we expect to be building in North Mesa in the spring of 2021. I realize that doesn't help you, nor does it improve your current internet service. I hope you'll stick with us as we continue to work to secure grant funds to build our network in rural areas like yours.

3:41PM December 04, 2020

Mickey Zimmerman
Hello! We have pre-registered for business service to 2730 Commercial Way - any idea when that might be completed? Has constructions started yet? We are looking at a move in date of 3/1/20 and hope that we have service there by then. Thanks -

1:51PM December 08, 2020

Mickey Zimmerman
Becky - Thank you so much! I will keep this contact info for when we get a little closer. We are current Elevate customers and so will need to talk about the move from one building to another but we are so excited to be able to keep the Elevate service!

1:08PM December 08, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Mickey! Our crews have just moved into the South Townsend Subzone (where 2730 Commercial Way is located) and they are currently building the network. We expect to be providing live service by mid-January 2021, so a move in date of 3/1/21 is no problem at all! Jason Martin, our business rep, can walk you through the entire process. His contact information is jason.martin@elevatefiber.com or 970-240-6884. I'd be happy to pass along the business name and your contact info. You can drop it here or send me an email at becky.mashburn@dmea.com. Thanks!

6:32PM December 01, 2020

Scooter Scott
With the grant announcement in the newsletter you are probably going to get a lot of this, but I am at 1063 NE Shady Oak ave. Are we in the cedar mesa grant area?

1:10PM December 08, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Scooter, I just go word, and unfortunately, it's not good news. Your address on Shady Oak Ave., is not located within the Cedar Mesa Grant Zone.

11:22AM November 20, 2020

Carol Parker
Hi there, What Zone is the area south of Montrose near Vicuna Road? Thank you

2:12PM November 20, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Carol, Vicuna Road is located in Montrose S 515. Thanks!

8:33PM November 10, 2020

Alison Smith
Hi Becky, we are in Cedaredge 124 and submitted comments for the grant proposal a few months ago. I saw the November newsletter about grants getting approved. Is that true for Cedaredge 124? We are at 19017 Pinon Dr. Thank you for all of the updates!

7:14AM January 20, 2021

Alex Labak
Becky, please update for Zone 124 Cedar Mesa. Is the target date still summer 2021? Before the grant approval, it looked like Zone 124 would be eligible sometime after the Twelfth of Never. Elevate will be a lifesaver for our household.

3:23PM November 20, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Alison. Good news! I have confirmation your address is in the Cedar Mesa Grant Zone. With our current construction lineup, we anticipate that we will be building in your zone next summer. Thanks!

2:09PM November 20, 2020

Becky Mashburn
Hi Alison, Yes! We did receive the Cedar Mesa grant. I will have our grant coordinator check to ensure your address is in the grant area. Stay tuned. Thanks!