Comments

User Avatar

5:13AM October 17, 2019

Nathan Durham
Any updates on Delta North 175 Grant Zone. I know its comming this fall but haven't seen anything happing yet.

9:25AM October 17, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Nathan, We are currently finalizing the designing and bid for all our approved grant zones, Delta North 175 included. We anticipate being able to provide live service, in homes like yours by Q2/Q3 of 2020. I know that sounds far away, but we have a large amount of infrastructure to put in the ground before we can start firing up Wi-Fi networks! Thanks for sticking with us. We're looking forward to get your zone up and running!

5:38PM October 15, 2019

Tina Geering
Any word on 813? East side of American Village?

11:51AM October 16, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Tina! Montrose 813 is live and service is available! However, I'm thinking you might be referring to Montrose 814 which encompasses most of American Village. If that's the case, yes, I do have good news. Right now we are finalizing plans for 2020 to begin constructing in the remaining areas within the city of Montrose, your neighborhood included. I don't have accurate information on what the timeline will be yet, but we expect to be providing live service by the end of 2020. Be sure to keep an eye on your email inbox; we'll send notifications when construction kicks of with anticipated dates for when you'll be streaming to your heart's content on Elevate's network.

2:58AM October 11, 2019

Leslie Garlinghouse
Way is elevate adding more area to 148 instead of making a new zone???

11:54AM October 16, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Leslie, I want to dig deeper into your question. Are you referring to Olathe 148? That zone has not changed. We did add a handful of new homes to Hotchkiss 48 because we were able to incorporate a neighborhood in the most economical way. If you'd like to send more more information, please feel free to hit me up at becky.mashburn@dmea.com. . Thanks!

12:03PM October 07, 2019

Robert Walraven
Sent email to Mr.Kurtz , no reply?? Checking in on any updates on Grant for 148 ?? Need the service !! Mr. Kurtz: I emailed the Board a few years ago when I observed fiber being installed on Falcon Road for the substation East of my house, I wrote and suggested to the board the very business in place today. I lived on East Falcon Road for over 21 years with always being promised high speed service from phone companies and other providers! The goals set in my zone and many others are unrealistic. We do not have the means to reach the goals established. So disappointing the first grant not approved and now waiting a year later for results of second grant!! Elevate has become the “we are working on it” company just like Century Link and it's previous owners told me for 15 years I would get DSL "next year"... Never happened. The fiber is already ran down Falcon Road, which would mean less costs than other areas that received grants recently. It seems like usual the more populated areas get priority while rural areas wait and wait for years! I’ve knocked on doors, worn my Elevate T-shirt, and displayed my yard sign! Now, after almost monthly update requests via Messenger and your online comments, Mrs. Mashburn has referred me back to you! But just like my weathered unreadable yard sign, I feel this process is in need of improvement and a refresh so other zones just like mine finally get some attention!! Respectfully, Robert Walraven, Zone 148

9:22AM October 17, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Robert, Unfortunately, I don't have any new updates from the last time we chatted about this. We expect to hear about the grant for your zone by December 1, 2019. I know the wait is frustrating - we're sitting on edge here at the office too! To expand a bit further on our process and zones, we have definitely looked at sub-zoning and have successfully deployed that in numerous areas across our service territory. Then, there are other zones that we tried tirelessly to find a sub-zone that met both our financial requirements and had the member support through preregistrations; and we just couldn't make it work. When we have official word on the grant, we'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for us! Thanks!

9:22AM October 17, 2019

11:58AM October 05, 2019

James LaPonsie
I check here often to see if my zone (pea green) is any closer to the goal because terrible net costs me money and education daily. lately I've noticed people have been slowly registering but the percentage has not changed from 50%... just wondering why. Really hate my life on elite broadband as there is absolutely nothing elite about their service.

11:22AM January 13, 2020

Diane Pfifer
Same here we are in the Peagreen area also and it is almost in last place, wish people would sign up can't understand why they wouldn't want a better internet service.

12:11PM October 16, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi James, You're right. The preregistrations for Pea Green 128 have been slow and steady. It looks like 80 new preregistrations have come in since the beginning of the year, which would equate to (give or take) around a 10% increase since 1/19. I'm sorry to hear your current service is so poor. I hope you'll stick with us through the long haul as we work to get zones like yours to goal and fiber built. But I know the wait and frustration are hard! Thanks for the support.

7:12AM September 28, 2019

Brian Luoma
Ray Saenz is the best! He knows what he is doing, and had us up and running very quickly. Ray still took the time, tho, to explain everything to us Very important to those of us that are cyber-challenged. He even left us his phone number in case we have a problem. Thanks Ray!

12:00PM October 16, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Brian, Thank you so much for the kinds words. I will be sure to pass this along to Ray. And we couldn't agree with you more. He really is the best!

8:11PM September 23, 2019

George Brezinsky
Can hardly wait to see who gets to us first . . . Elevate or Amazon Satellite . . . Tired of Charter/Spectrum's fluctuating megs per sec . . . almost seems like someone let's up on the throttle!

8:11PM September 23, 2019

George Brezinsky

8:51AM September 06, 2019

Robert Walraven
Checking in on any updates on Grant for 148 ?? Need the service !!

10:31AM September 06, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Robert, we don't have any new news yet. But, I'd like to connect with our grant coordinator here, Mark Kurtz. He can give you a better run down of where we are at in the process. His contact information is mark.kurtz@dmea.com or 970-240-6817. Thanks for sticking with us!

10:31AM September 06, 2019

8:51AM September 06, 2019

Robert Walraven
Checking in on any updates on Grant for 148 ?? Need the service !!

7:57AM August 07, 2019

Lisa Wolf Johnson
Zone 68. Still waiting. This reminds me of lagging, party-line rural telephone "service" in the 1950s, 60s and 70s, when Ma Bell was finally forced by the SDPUC to upgrade rural lines. Will it take PUC mandates here? Half a century later? Also, any overtures to potential out-of-area customers could not pass the smell test, with existing qualified DMEA customers waiting... and waiting... and waiting to be served.

10:34AM September 06, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Lisa, We hear ya! Our #1 goal is to bring fiber to every home and business that DMEA serves. But, we also have to balance the realities of time, manpower, and money. More than half of DMEA members now have access to Elevate (yeah!), but that means almost half of you are still waiting. We recognize that's frustrating and appreciate your patience and support. Please do help us continue to spread the word to all your neighbors and friends.

10:34AM July 25, 2019

Kyle Merriman
Becky, In response to your reply in June, I would be more than willing to help in any way I can with our Delta E176 zone.

10:29AM September 06, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Kyle, Great! We have yard signs and information stocked at each of our offices. So, feel free to swing by the Read or Montrose Office to pick up supplies. We so appreciate your support and willingness to help.

1:16PM July 18, 2019

Melindy Kennedy
I signed up a couple of days after you first announced Elevate . I live in a in zone 148. Still waiting.

9:30AM July 15, 2019

Robert Walraven
Checking in on any updates on Grant for 148 ??

7:07AM July 02, 2019

Tracy Brown
Hi Becky, The map shows our home is in subzone 412, but shows the front of our property in Delta E176. There is road access coming from either direction. I originally signed up under E176 when it was the only zone showing for us but immediately signed up with subzone 412 when it showed available. It shows subzone 412 as active - has it been installed?

6:45PM June 14, 2019

Timothy Crone
Becky, can you tell me how the grant request for Pea Green 128 is going? Adaptive, even on their own servers, keeps dropping speed and right now we have been paying $50 a month for 2 mbps or 5 mbps, depending on the day. Theres not much they can do, and I reset my modem once a week. Also once grant is approved, how long does it take to get service? Thanks!

12:25PM June 17, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Timothy, our initial run at getting a grant for your zone was denied, so we are on round #2! We are resubmitting your area to another program this summer. Keep your fingers crossed for us! Once a grant is approved, timing can vary. There is typically an appeals process that delays construction a bit, so it's often 4 to 6 months after getting the award that we can break ground.

3:53PM May 23, 2019

Kyle Merriman
I live in Delta E176 and looking at the map for this I am not sure there are even 132 homes to complete this total. Does the mapping program ensure there are enough residences to meet the goal? Are there any outreach or messaging campaigns which can help get to the goal? I have not seen anything for Elevate around our area at all.

12:59PM June 17, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Kyle, thanks for checking in. I can confirm, yes, our mapping does ensure that there are enough potential service locations to meet your goal. We start by using our DMEA meter count in the area and then reconcile it for locations that just don't make sense - think irrigation pumps, street lights, idle services, and the like. Our #1 outreach campaign that has worked in zones that have met their goal is word-of-mouth from members like you. We recognize that asking our members to help of spread the word is a BIG ask, but it has proven instrumental in getting to where we are today (6,000+ live customers and counting in just 3 years!). We have yard signs available for pick up at either office you can display in your neighborhood and social media has been a powerful tool for our grassroots effort as well. Would you be willing help?

9:24AM May 17, 2019

Sean Hale
Signed up in pea green over a year ago. Still not even close to the goal. Wasn't even worth my time putting my address in. This is so irritating and pathetic, I've had DSL from centurylink for 5 years and it is terrible, and I'm really tired of the speed.

12:53PM June 17, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Sean, We hear ya! That's why Pea Green 128 is still one of our top priorities for grant funding. We submitted your zone previously, but our grant was denied, so we're back at round #2. We help to submit Pea Green 128, and others surrounding it, for grant funds this summer. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

6:40PM June 14, 2019

Timothy Crone
Wow you can get DSL?? We have Adaptive. $50 for 25 mbps we are lucky to get 10 mbps most of the time.

4:33PM May 08, 2019

Alessio DeMonte
Im in zone Delta 142 south. It has been months since a person has signed up for fiber optic here. Is there any possible way to get the company to install the line without waiting years for it? We still need 300 some people to sign up but most people I know already have.

12:52PM June 17, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Alessio, I'm sure that's frustrating for you. Unfortunately, Elevate isn't able to just build our fiber network out in one fell swoop, even though we so wish we could. Fiber is expensive and one way we're ensuring a sustainable build is to build in phases based upon community interest. These preregistration goals help us do that. But, these goals are also frustrating for those of us still waiting. We were able to successfully subzone a portion of Delta 412 early this year and we are working through the rest of our service territory look for more opportunities like that. But for members like you who are located in the portion of the zone still without service, I do have some good news. We are submitting the remainder of Delta S 412 for grant funding this summer which would allow us to build our network in your zone and bring service sooner. I don't have any other details regarding timing yet, but we'll keep you posted!

4:34PM May 08, 2019

Alessio DeMonte
Sorry Delta south 412

4:34PM May 08, 2019

Alessio DeMonte
Sorry Delta south 412

12:52PM May 06, 2019

David Rosenberg
I live on Hanson rd in Cedaredge...edge of zone 124..the elevate line stopped one block from my house...my neighbors are using elevate service and I sit here wondering what does a home owner have to do to get service....Christine Knight Delta County Attorney retired.

8:31PM May 04, 2019

Nora Peterson
I am wondering what constitutes a "subzone"? Like the Crawford subzone 57 Can Cedar Mesa be a subzone of 124? The main fiber is running just south of the here, from Orchard City 112 to Hotchkiss 67. (I drive by it every day and am envious of those who do have great internet) I agree with Barry...I don't think we will ever have Elevate.

2:40PM April 15, 2019

Barry Long
I am seriously beginning to think we will never get Elevate. I am in zone 58 and do not believe there are 148 more people that want to change their service. Many people in our area are older and do not like change. Most likely they will not sign up as they do not require better service. I do not have phone service where I live so I am limited to use a dish service for internet. I was so excited in the begining when we signed up. A year and a half later I don't think it is going to be anytime real soon.Anyone I know with elevate internet have been very positive. Not being able to get it is frustrating.

4:24PM April 15, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi, Barry. You're not alone in your frustration and I'm sorry I can't be the bearer of the news you want. Our goal is to be able to serve members just like you who are subject to poor (or in some cases no) service. However, that's easier said that done and it will take time for us to get each zone to goal. We appreciate the support from the get-go and understand the waning patience. Many of us at the office are still waiting as well. I hope you'll stick with us and continue to encourage your friends and neighbors to preregister here. Thanks!

10:58AM April 12, 2019

Jodi Paradis
I am just NE of US 50 in Montrose 812 probably less than a mile or mile and half from Montrose 415 that has Elevate. Why were we not included in the city limits of Montrose? which I belive is Montrose 415. It's very dissapointing to have to have to wait so long for a great service that would be more reliable. With only 62% how long would you expect the wait to be? Thank you Jodi

3:08PM November 23, 2019

Thomas Heidger
I could throw a stone from my house and hit both zones 415 and 427 but with the percentage they need to complete 812 I'll be too old to use the internet. I'm not holding my breath for a chance it will be done in 5 years. There just aren't enough people that use the internet in this area to get 100%.

4:04PM April 15, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi, Jodi. Great question! There are a lot of Montrose zones that include both portions inside and outside the city limits. Our zones aren't dictated by city limits, subdivision lines, etc. We recognize that can be confusing. Each zone is actually determined by the main power line that brings power to that particular area. Our fiber will follow the same path as our power lines. Therefore you're in Montrose 812 because the main line bringing power into that part of Montrose is #812. Likewise, the homes in 415 are fed by the main line #415. It's a dreadfully uncreative naming process but it ultimately helped us keep each zone delineated. I also completely agree with that that the wait is disappointing and frustrating! Unfortunately, waiting is a reality of our project. In total, we're working to build more than 3,000 miles of fiber from the ground up so we can bring faster and more reliable internet. It's an expensive undertaking. I wish I had a crystal ball that could accurately predict when your zone would hit its goal and we could build there (if you find one, let me know!). Until then, all I can ask is that you keep spreading the word to neighbors to preregister on this site. Thank you!

11:27AM April 10, 2019

Lacinda Harris
I live just east of Delta, on the edge of City Limits, I think we are listed as zone remote? Fiber runs down the road in front of the house. Any idea when we might be getting elevate?

3:54PM April 15, 2019

Becky Mashburn
Hi Lucinda, I looking deeper into your question to determine why you're not receiving a zone assignment. Are you a DMEA member or do you receive your electricity from the City of Delta? If you're a member, your address should be falling into a zone (however, there are a few cases where the map isn't syncing). If you are an electric customer for the City of Delta, you are in a remote zone because DMEA doesn't serve that area and at this point in time Elevate's zones only encompass the co-op's foot print.

6:11AM April 10, 2019

Robert Walraven
Yes I'm asking since fiber already exists East on Falcon Road... That should reduce costs and overall time needed to hook up residences in this area?